In this course, Dr. Douglas Groothuis, professor of philosophy, will give a comprehensive introduction to Christian apologetics. He will discuss the nature of apologetics, how to defend objective truth, the nature of the Christian worldview, the arguments for God’s existence, and some objections to the Christian faith such as the problem of evil.
This course is provided by Denver Seminary Faculty (denverseminary.edu).
- Describe Christian apologetics, its importance, and some general apologetic methods.
- Discuss and defend objective truth.
- Explain the Christian worldview and its relevance to Christian apologetics.
- Respond to false claims against Christianity.
- Articulate several different apologetic arguments to make a cumulative case for Christianity.
- Identify important facts about the Bible and defend it as a reliable, historical document.
- Describe the person of Jesus and support the claims that He is divine and rose from the dead.
- Demonstrate that Christianity is distinct from all other religions.
- Address the problems of evil and hell.
Very knowledgeable professor, who deals with philosophical arguments with respect and a authentic search for what is true and logical.Sarah