Subscribe to gain premium access!
In this course, Dr. Douglas Groothuis, professor of philosophy, will give a comprehensive introduction to Christian apologetics. He will discuss the nature of apologetics, how to defend objective truth, the nature of the Christian worldview, the arguments for God’s existence, and some objections to the Christian faith such as the problem of evil.
The class was developed in collaboration with Denver Seminary faculty.
- Describe Christian apologetics, its importance, and some general apologetic methods.
- Discuss and defend objective truth.
- Explain the Christian worldview and its relevance to Christian apologetics.
- Respond to false claims against Christianity.
- Articulate several different apologetic arguments to make a cumulative case for Christianity.
- Identify important facts about the Bible and defend it as a reliable, historical document.
- Describe the person of Jesus and support the claims that He is divine and rose from the dead.
- Demonstrate that Christianity is distinct from all other religions.
- Address the problems of evil and hell.
This course has provided me with a good basis on how to show others that the Bible is the Word of God. It has shown me good arguments to prove the reality of Christ, that He lived, died for our sins, and was resurrected.Suzanne helen, Australia
Thank you so much, this course has helped me to have more tools and other ways to spread the Gospel!Graciela, Mexico
I enjoyed it. It was definitely a lot of process and thinking of a vast amount of information but very excited to continue to study and process some of the notes I took.Amanda, United States (US)
OkJoshua, United States (US)
Very knowledgeable professor, who deals with philosophical arguments with respect and a authentic search for what is true and logical.Sarah, United States (US)