In this course, Dr. Craig Blomberg explains the interpretive frameworks we can use to better understand the meanings of the parables. Beginning with the parable of “The Prodigal Son”, you will explore dozens of the stories Jesus told about the Kingdom of God and what it means to follow Him.
The content for this course is provided courtesy of Craig Blomberg, PhD, Distinguished Professor of New Testament at Denver Seminary. For more information about Denver Seminary please see their website.
- Describe the different structures found in the parables and identify each parable’s structure.
- Discuss problems with some approaches to interpreting the parables.
- Discuss interpretations of each of the parables.
- Understand the importance of the scriptural, historical, and cultural setting of each parable.
- Identify and explain non-canonical parables.
- Explain the themes, theology, and Christology of the parables.
- University of Aberdeen in Scotland, PhD
- Trinity Evangelical Divinity School, MA
- Augustana College, BA
Well structured and planned.Julian
Excellent course. Liked the diagrams and the careful explanations. Loved the humour of Dr. Blomberg too. Thank you.Grace
The parables of Jesus have always been a bit of a mystery to me but Dr. Blomberg really gives them structure and fleshes them out. I learned a ton from this course about the parables, their theology and the Bible in general. Highly recommended!Joe