In this course, Dr. Craig Blomberg explains the interpretive frameworks we can use to better understand the meanings of the parables. Beginning with the parable of “The Prodigal Son”, you will explore dozens of the stories Jesus told about the Kingdom of God and what it means to follow Him.
The class was developed in collaboration with Denver Seminary faculty.
- Describe the different structures found in the parables and identify each parable’s structure.
- Discuss problems with some approaches to interpreting the parables.
- Discuss interpretations of each of the parables.
- Understand the importance of the scriptural, historical, and cultural setting of each parable.
- Identify and explain non-canonical parables.
- Explain the themes, theology, and Christology of the parables.
Wonderful insights gained from Dr Blomberg's lectures. A totally new perspective has been gained about the parables of our Lord.
This was a good course to help people learn to think about what Jesus taught and not to blindly follow what others teach.
An excellent course!
I enjoyed this study and looked at the parables of Jesus with a new understanding.
Well structured and planned.
Excellent course. Liked the diagrams and the careful explanations. Loved the humour of Dr. Blomberg too. Thank you.
The parables of Jesus have always been a bit of a mystery to me but Dr. Blomberg really gives them structure and fleshes them out. I learned a ton from this course about the parables, their theology and the Bible in general. Highly recommended!