How do you view reality? What is the source of your knowledge? Do you live what you believe? Such are the questions that a worldview answers. This course examines the nature and function of belief structures, and the value of developing and living a distinctly Christian life. The course develops a Christian worldview from a redemptive history model of biblical theology, which is then clarified using the philosophical categories of metaphysics, epistemology, and axiology. Learners will gain an understanding of modern and postmodern thought and how to critique them biblically, and are encouraged to develop and apply a Christian worldview to life and ministry.
Legacy CollectionThis class was taught by world-class evangelical professors. Those seeking to dig deeper into their faith at the college or seminary level will find these resources valuable. Several classes in the collection are from the Institute of Theological Studies (ITS), which was acquired by ODBU.
- Explain the functions and concepts of a worldview.
- Inventory presuppositions and control beliefs that inform his/her own worldview.
- Formulate a Christian worldview and evaluate ideas, values, and processes in life situations from the perspective of that worldview.
- Analyze alternative worldviews in the categories of metaphysics, epistemology, and axiology.
- Enact worldview principles in Christian ministry.
I submit that the lecture from beginning to end to me is an experience in the presence of the Father of light. The course has added great spiritual value to my life. I have to confess that I have decided to build messages that I shall use for ten Sundays commencing from September 25, 2022. Thanks a lot. Gabriel A Aboderin.
Very well paced. Enough review to solidify topics without repeating.
In the beginning I had to adjust to a new voice and style but have thoroughly enjoyed the course. Thanks so much.
An excellent course!
James Grier, was a great teacher. Loved this course. In fact I have listened to his lectures on ethics and they are just as good.