Subscribe to gain premium access!
How do you view reality? What is the source of your knowledge? Do you live what you believe? Such are the questions that a worldview answers. This course examines the nature and function of belief structures, and the value of developing and living a distinctly Christian life. The course develops a Christian worldview from a redemptive history model of biblical theology, which is then clarified using the philosophical categories of metaphysics, epistemology, and axiology. Learners will gain an understanding of modern and postmodern thought and how to critique them biblically, and are encouraged to develop and apply a Christian worldview to life and ministry.
Legacy CollectionThis course is part of a collection of courses taught by world-class evangelical professors from across the globe on a variety of topics. The lessons are presented on an intermediate to college or seminary level and provide a wealth of information for those who want to dig deeper into their faith. Select courses in the collection are from the Institute of Theological Studies (ITS), which was acquired by Our Daily Bread University.
- Explain the functions and concepts of a worldview.
- Inventory presuppositions and control beliefs that inform his/her own worldview.
- Formulate a Christian worldview and evaluate ideas, values, and processes in life situations from the perspective of that worldview.
- Analyze alternative worldviews in the categories of metaphysics, epistemology, and axiology.
- Enact worldview principles in Christian ministry.
- Grace Theological Seminary, ThD
- Westminster Theological Seminary, ThM
- Grace Theological Seminary, MDiv
- Baptist Bible College, BTh
An excellent course!June
James Grier, was a great teacher. Loved this course. In fact I have listened to his lectures on ethics and they are just as good.Roger