According to 1 Corinthians 15:33-34, building relationships at certain levels is “sin.” What level would you consider “sin” in your life?

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Tagged: 

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author
      David
      Participant

I dont believe that paul is saying the relationships are sin,but rather that sinning with them is. Yes there is a time when we need to part ways and not be influenced by that bad relationship, how ever i believe that we need to be Christ like and let them know that we wood always be there for them if they ever need a friend, if they ever need some one to listen and care. Like Jesus our lives should influence our relationship they shuold not influence us.

Greer
      Participant

The level for me would be when I decide to be with those whose beliefs do not align with mine and cause me to stumble and sin and lose of God and not walk close with Christ would be my sin

Virginia Hagedorn
      Participant

I would consider a sinful relationship one that causes me to stumble in my faith.

Frank
      Participant

I think this verse need us to come back to our senses,we need to have self control even in building relationships in order to keep on relationships with God because sometimes company corrupt our good manners by listening and sharing their ideas which are contrary to God willingness.

Dorretha
      Participant

I think 1 Corinthians 5:6 reminds me that a little leaven leavens the whole lump. I strive to be mindful of the appearance of evil by limiting who I visit and the conversation. With prayer, I seek God on what to do and say.

Gwyn
      Participant

When 1 Corinthians 15:33-34 shares that, “Bad company ruins good morals” it makes me consider relationships that I have in my life. Sometimes it is difficult to differentiate between when I am called to be a spiritual leader in a relationship when I am not equally yoked to a person, or when I should stay away. I think it is important to consider the activities which the relationship is centered around. If they are noted as sinful activities then the “level” has been reached.

Ingrid
      Participant

Those who I hang out with, but knowing they will mock and ridicule my faith in Jesus. This kind of friendship may be a really fun one, but can lead me to do things I would not usually do with much drama and compromise.

Cory
      Participant

Intentionally hanging around people who drink, smoke, curse and back bite. I have lost many friends when I became a believer because of these things and I don’t associate with people who behave this way now.

Larissa
      Participant

I would say that if I had an acquaintance who was not a believer and whose lifestyle was having an impact into drawing me into temptation and sin, that would be unacceptable and incompatible with my faith.

Brennan
      Participant

That verse says come back to your senses. It seems that that would suggest that when we have lost our senses because of relationships then we have stepped outside what God wants us to do

Our Daily Bread
      Keymaster
Viewing 10 reply threads