The six categories of the lecture renewed my mind, and have taught me how to be a better leader/role model in my church and in my community.
To renew your mind you 1st have to
1. Find yourself, learn to trust, and be open to your community of influence.
2. You have to learn to resist people. Actually have to learn how to say no.
3. That failure is not the end, but part of your destiny.
4. Don’t think highly of yourself than you ought to. Understand that to get where God is taking you, there will bumps of mistakes along the way. No one arrives to their destiny on a perfect path.
5. Have a sober estimation of yourself. This is a clear sign of humility. Humility is going to allow you to accept your mistakes and search within yourself to be better.
6. When you find out what you are good at, it will no longer be a strain or work. Once you discover your gift, your uniqueness will begin to flow because you are becoming the person God created you to be.
1. To live in view of Gods mercy; is to know who you are and what is in store for you based on Gods view and not your own. 2. Being a living and Holy sacrifice; is to then offer yourself up to God and His will for you (not the other way around). 3. Not to conform to outside pressures other than those of God; being able to say no to what the world would want you to do. 4. Clear mind; getting rid of the expectation or visions that have previously been planted in our minds. 5. Get small; Humility. 6. Grasping your uniqueness; do the things that fit you, and not copy what others have done. The first category is a view that I need to put first in my own life more often than I do. Allowing God to have more control of my life. Also, category 6, being able to have the confidence that the way I do things/lead may be different but if it coming from the right place, I need to own that have move forward with it.
The six categories are clear vision, offer yourself as a living and holy sacrifice, just say no, have a clear mind, get small, and grasp uniqueness. A clear vision is being connected to God’s will, offer yourself as a living and holy sacrifice is allowing god to work through you as needed for His will, just say no is saying no to all things that do not align with God’s will, get small means to have a small network of people to help give you support, and grasp uniqueness is to not get caught up in what others are doing. I am new to my journey in leadership so I don’t have much to relate to just yet, but I am excited to get started!
In the lecture it speaks of 6 categories: The first category is about finding yourself and renewing your mind. Category two talks about learning to say “no” and having boundaries set in place. The third category talks about seeing and using failure as a step toward success rather than the end to all means. Category four talks about “getting small”, which is starting things little by little and growing bigger over time. Category five speaks about having an accurate judgement of yourself overall. Finally, category six talks about uniqueness and how you are to grasp it. Category five applies the most to me due to my inability to see my gifts and abilities in a good light and how to use those for my betterment.
To start, category one is about having one’s mind renewed and finding themselves. Category two talks about learning to say “no” and having boundaries. Category three talks about viewing failure as a step to success rather than the end. Category four talks about “getting small”, essentially starting things little by little and growing bigger over time. Category five says to have an accurate judgement of one’s self. And category six talks about uniqueness and to grasp it. Category six applies to me the most as I make myself unique through my actions, methods, and words as I want to be seen as someone different and not just a stereotypical “good leader” type.
The six categories are clear vision, offer yourself as a living and holy sacrifice, just say no, have a clear mind, get small, and grasp uniqueness. All of these apply to me to become a better and stronger person. Having a clear vision allows for you to be able to see what you can where it starts and where it ends and to go over it. Offering yourself as a living and holy sacrifice to god allows him to work from within you and to spread your gifts and talents and to apply to your everyday life to help. Being able to say no helps sets boundaries by having that freedom and choices that may come about. Having a clear mind helps helps you find out who you are and your identity with a combination of saying “no thats not for me”. To get small allows for personal growth and for you to not thing highly of yourself than you ought to be. Grasping your uniqueness lets you find out what you’re good at and your gifts in certain areas and finding ways to apply those.