Subscribe to gain premium access!
Written to offer encouragement to those facing trials, James’ rich message has long stimulated in-depth study. Students begin with an overview of epistles in general before examining the historical background to the epistle of James. Lease then takes them on a line-by-line exegesis of the text’s teaching, culminating with the privilege of intercession for others and showing why we should rejoice in our trials knowing that God is molding us for His greater purpose.
- Grasp the message of the book of James.
- Understand the theological implications of the book.
- Articulate the relationship between faith and works.
- Express the importance of struggle in one’s faith development.
- Recognize the dangers and benefits of use of the tongue.
- Apply the book’s message to life and ministry.
- Lancaster Bible College, DD
- Boston University, MA
- Gordon College, AB
- Lancaster Bible College, BA
Great course for a complicated subject.Paul
The course was very informative.Jacqueline
Frankly, I do not know how to thank God for this great opportunity. I have often read this epistle of Jacques for over 20 years but understanding it the way I understood it this time through the newly received explanations was very beneficial. It was actually too deep to the point that I re-audit each time one thing or two. The methodology with it this course has been presented to refocus my way of understanding even some other general epistles. All the glory be to God .Mputu
This was a very enjoyable study. I could perceive that this lecturer really had a love for God and His word. Very insightful and practical teaching. Thank you for making this available.Pamela