Subscribe to gain premium access!
In this course, students complete a chronological and synthetic study of the Gospels’ accounts of Christ’s birth, life, death, resurrection, and ascension. The course focuses on the time, place, circumstances, and people involved in the events of our Lord’s ministry. From the incarnation to the ascension, students will grasp a fuller understanding of Christ’s words and works in light of Old Testament prophecy and cultural context.
Legacy CollectionThis course is part of a collection of courses taught by world-class evangelical professors from across the globe on a variety of topics. The lessons are presented on an intermediate to college or seminary level and provide a wealth of information for those who want to dig deeper into their faith. Select courses in the collection are from the Institute of Theological Studies (ITS), which was acquired by Our Daily Bread University.
- Trace the events and statements involved in Jesus’ life in a logical and chronological sequence, demonstrating their development and purpose.
- Discern the significance of many of the words and works of Jesus Christ.
- Explain the implications for our lives of certain basic truths taught and demonstrated by Jesus Christ during His ministry on earth.
- Articulate to others the importance of Jesus’ life, work, and teaching.
- Assess your life in the light of new understanding of what Jesus requires of His followers.
- Identify at least two attitudinal and/or behavioral changes made or mandated in your personal life as a result of increased understanding of the life and work of Jesus Christ.
- Dallas Theological Seminary, ThM and ThD
- University of Western Ontario, BA
Dr. Hulbert’s survey of the four gospels really helped each of the gospels come alive. I now have a much better understanding of what Christ did for us, the disciples, the Jewish people, and the time in which they lived. Thank you to ODBU for making this wonderful lecture series available!Anna
The teacher gave understanding to the Word with wisdom and respect.Patricia
I am quite familiar with the Gospel record but the course highlighted several things that I was not aware of and that I hadn’t thought about. A very good background to the subject.Iain
I really enjoyed this class.James
Interesting and insightful revelations. The course encourages you to go back to the scriptures to study them for yourself and see them with the eyes of the people of that day as well as our day.Kics
The material in this course was exceptional and very helpful. I thoroughly enjoyed this class.Emily
This course was excellent! I really enjoyed it and look forward to doing more courses.George
This is an excellent course. It was very informative.Horace
This is a course that everyone who wants to do a study on the life of Christ should take. Wonderful overview on the harmony of the Gospel and I absolutely love the teaching style of Dr. Hulbert. This course was educational and devotional. Thank you.Pamela
Great course about our Lord and Savior. . the teaching was simple yet profound and intriguing. The content will be utilized many times overDonald
Dr Hulbert was extremely knowledgeable and insightful. I gained a great deal from the course.William
This course covered an challenging amount of reading and study but it was a wonderful time of growing closer to the LORD. I learned a great deal which has helped me to understand the Lords Ministry, Life and love for me. It was really a wonderful course.Evon
An excellent course!Russell
I really enjoyed this course. It made me think deeper about things I have read in the Bible.Zeneida
The course gave me great understanding of the life of Christ and His ministry on earth.Moreno