Subscribe to gain premium access!
Is God too weak to stop suffering? Does God not care about my situation? In a world full of sin, pain and hardship remain daily realities. Throughout history, humanity has wrestled with the problems of suffering and has often questioned the goodness of God. Wood retells the story of Job and the struggles he endured. Throughout the course, students examine Job’s tumultuous life and the various responses to his suffering given by his friends and family. Ultimately, Job learns to praise God no matter what his circumstance. Despite Satan’s attempts to thwart the plans of God, the Lord remains sovereign over all.
Legacy CollectionThis course is part of a collection of courses taught by world-class evangelical professors from across the globe on a variety of topics. The lessons are presented on an intermediate to college or seminary level and provide a wealth of information for those who want to dig deeper into their faith. Select courses in the collection are from the Institute of Theological Studies (ITS), which was acquired by Our Daily Bread University.
- Grasp the message of the book of Job.
- Understand the historical and contextual setting of the book.
- Identify Satan’s schemes and tactics.
- Recognize God’s sovereignty in all things.
- Point out the counseling strengths and weaknesses of Job’s friends.
- Identify with Job’s suffering.
- Appreciate the book’s relevance for today.
- Apply the book’s message to life and ministry.
- New York State University and Oriental Institute, Chicago, various graduate studies
- Michigan State University, PhD
- Calvin Theological Seminary, ThM
- Calvin College, AB
An excellent course!Russell
Great course, already enrolled in two more!James