Subscribe to gain premium access!
Is God too weak to stop suffering? Does God not care about my situation? In a world full of sin, pain and hardship remain daily realities. Throughout history, humanity has wrestled with the problems of suffering and has often questioned the goodness of God. Wood retells the story of Job and the struggles he endured. Throughout the course, students examine Job’s tumultuous life and the various responses to his suffering given by his friends and family. Ultimately, Job learns to praise God no matter what his circumstance. Despite Satan’s attempts to thwart the plans of God, the Lord remains sovereign over all.
Legacy CollectionThis course is part of a collection of courses taught by world-class evangelical professors from across the globe on a variety of topics. The lessons are presented on an intermediate to college or seminary level and provide a wealth of information for those who want to dig deeper into their faith. Select courses in the collection are from the Institute of Theological Studies (ITS), which was acquired by Our Daily Bread University.
- Grasp the message of the book of Job.
- Understand the historical and contextual setting of the book.
- Identify Satan’s schemes and tactics.
- Recognize God’s sovereignty in all things.
- Point out the counseling strengths and weaknesses of Job’s friends.
- Identify with Job’s suffering.
- Appreciate the book’s relevance for today.
- Apply the book’s message to life and ministry.
- New York State University and Oriental Institute, Chicago, various graduate studies
- Michigan State University, PhD
- Calvin Theological Seminary, ThM
- Calvin College, AB
The course helped me gain a deeper understanding of the Book of Job. Up to now, it had been a bunch of cliches and misunderstandings for me. I have used it as the basis of a Bible Study (I am an Elder in the Presbyterian Church) with some 13 members of our Congregation, and their feedback has been nothing but positive and full of praise. Thank you for this great resource!Dennis
Well, I can’t believe I actually took the initiative to study the book of Job. Read it many times, but ran right through it out of fear. Praise God for this course. The lecturer was excellent and so were the lessons. Thank you for the offering.Pamela
This course is excellent. The lecturer was wonderful. Thank you and God Bless you.Laurie
The course helps me to understand the meaning of suffering in the life of a Christian and how to respond to it in a biblical way.David
An excellent course!Russell
Great course, already enrolled in two more!James