Subscribe to gain premium access!
With the broad expansion of Christianity in Africa, the African Church and African theology should be understood by us all. This course examines Christian theological formation in Africa against the background of African cultures and religions, and in light of its contemporary context. Also considered are how to study and understand Africa, and the factors that led to the debate on Christian theologizing in Africa. Throughout the course, descriptions and analyses of African religions are provided.
Legacy CollectionThis course is part of a collection of courses taught by world-class evangelical professors from across the globe on a variety of topics. The lessons are presented on an intermediate to college or seminary level and provide a wealth of information for those who want to dig deeper into their faith. Select courses in the collection are from the Institute of Theological Studies (ITS), which was acquired by Our Daily Bread University.
- Appreciate the continent of Africa as Christianity’s most fertile soil.
- Comprehend the major issues in the study of African religions.
- Sketch the history and development of African Christian theology.
- Examine specific African proposals for African theology.
- Ascertain what lessons can be learned from Africa by the rest of the worldwide Christian Church.
- Fuller Theological Seminary, MA and PhD
- Faculté Libre de Théologie Evangélique, Maîtrise en Théologie
- Nyack College, BS
The theories so full in this course are so fascinating. I have learnt a lot and have been blessed. Glory to God and thanks to you.Stephen
Very happy that I started this course.Rosemary