Subscribe to gain premium access!
Marriage is hard. It requires work. And sometimes all of that hard work can feel as if it’s getting you nowhere. If you’ve settled for “good enough” in your marriage, if you feel hopeless, if you want to give up, or even if you’ve already quit trying, take heart. You can transform your marriage. In this course, Dr. Ron Welch, psychologist and professor at Denver Seminary, will walk you through several principles from his book 10 Choices Successful Couples Make. You will learn how to make specific choices that will help you in every facet of your marriage; and, most importantly, you will discover why you have reason to hope for a transformed marriage in which you and your spouse can help each other grow into the people that God intended you to be.
This course is provided by Denver Seminary Faculty (denverseminary.edu)
- Articulate why you have reason to hope for transformation in your marriage.
- Explain how to make choices that will help you and your spouse more lovingly navigate conflict and past transgressions.
- Explain what it means to choose unselfishness in your marriage.
- Describe what true forgiveness looks like and how to achieve it.
- Take steps to eliminate negative assumptions in your marriage.
- Implement communication rules that will help you achieve positive communication with your spouse.
- Move forward down a path that will help you achieve true intimacy with your spouse and transform your marriage for a lifetime.
- Central Michigan University, PsyD and MA
- University of Denver, BA
- Diploma in Professional Counseling
Greatly enjoyed this course and I look forward to making the choices that will put it into action.Anissa
Practical ideas and reflective questions and concepts throughout the course.Donna
This course is “chock full of nuggets! “Patricia
Really enjoyed it!Erica
An excellent course!Russell
This course opened my eyes to the fact that marriage is hard, it takes a lot of work and without realizing it I had just settled for what I have. As we worked through the Biblical principles I realized that things don’t have to be the way they are. We have choices and things can change through transformation. The teachings gave me hope and a new outlook. I understand so much more than I thought possible before starting the course. Moving forward I’m very optimistic about the things God can do to bring about change as we grow closer to each other and to Him in the process.Santhia