Subscribe to gain premium access!
Evangelical Christians affirm the Scriptures as God’s inerrant word, but we still disagree sometimes over the meaning of particular verses or passages, and these differences can influence our Christian doctrine and practice. One reason for these disagreements is that there are many different approaches to interpreting the Bible. But how do we know which approach to interpretation is the most responsible? This course will help answer that question. It is based on the lecture series, He Gave Us Scripture: Foundations of Interpretation, and hosted by Dr. Richard L. Pratt, Jr. with contributions from a variety of professors.
This course is provided by Third Millennium Ministries (thirdmill.org)
- Understand the fundamental principles of biblical interpretation, including the terminology and history of hermeneutics, the biblical approach to meaning, the unique nature of the Scriptures, and the proper way to discover the original meaning of a passage and apply it to our modern context.
- Grow in your desire to study the Scriptures carefully and to discover the best approach to interpret them.
- Apply the guidelines of this course to develop appropriate habits of biblical interpretation.
- Harvard University, ThD
- Union Theological Seminary, MDiv
- Roanoke College with advanced studies at Westminster Theological Seminary, BA
Very good content, which served to greatly enhance my understanding of how to view and interpret the scriptures.Dale
I really enjoyed this course and it helped my understanding of the bible. Thank you for providing.Veasna
Difficult but well worth itDonald
The lessons are well structured and very easy to follow. I enjoyed it.Michael
I have enjoyed taking this course. It has enlightened me quite a bit. Now I have better understanding of scriptures.Juliana
Very helpful. I need to keep a copy and re-study if needed.Diana
I learned allot from this course, especially the last 5 lessons. I also learned allot concerning Christs influence over all of the scriptures, from the text “Him We Proclaim: Preaching Christ from All the Scriptures”, by Dennis E. Johnson.Kim
I found this course very helpful and informative.Spyder