Subscribe to gain premium access!
Often overlooked or misunderstood are the vital roles of women in the home, society, and the church. Learners will study ministry to and by women, including biblical foundations for women and principles for evangelizing, discipling, and counseling women. Lectures focus on the history of women’s ministries in the church, the role of women’s ministries in the New Testament, and the contemporary cultural context for women’s ministries. In addition, students will learn how to minster to the needs of specific women’s ministries. In addition, students will learn how to minister to the needs to specific women’s groups, such as singles, homemakers, those in the workplace, and those who are hurting.
Legacy CollectionThis course is part of a collection of courses taught by world-class evangelical professors from across the globe on a variety of topics. The lessons are presented on an intermediate to college or seminary level and provide a wealth of information for those who want to dig deeper into their faith. Select courses in the collection are from the Institute of Theological Studies (ITS), which was acquired by Our Daily Bread University.
- Articulate a biblical philosophy of ministry to and with women.
- Discuss the nature of Christian ministry to and with women.
- Evaluate aspects of ministry to and with women from a biblical perspective.
- Grow in his/her understanding and appreciation of the unique privileges and opportunities of women in Christian ministry.
- Clarify his/her own personal approach to women in ministry.
- Texas Women’s University, PhD
- Dallas Theological Seminary, MA and ThM
- Southern Methodist University, BA
I really enjoyed this course and found it so helpful. I have been richly blessed. Thank you so much and God bless you all.Josephine
This course is so much needed in the churches today . . . this study will open the discussion and give leaders and women alike a better understanding of the role of a woman in the church.JarDanell
This is my first course with ODBU and I must admit it was very informative and helpful. It has opened my eyes to the temptations of the devil and how I should trust and rely on God’s word to help me make the decision for my day to day life.Tonya
There were some wonderful points made that I was able to use to modify some of the groups I lead to meet the needs of more women.Kara