Subscribe to gain premium access!
Sports ministry is a tremendous opportunity to directly impact the lives of athletes and their families and further the kingdom of God in doing so. But how? In this course, you will learn why it is crucial to be intentional about how you build relationships with the athletes you serve and their families and identify practical ways you can do this. You will also explore how to support athletes and their families in times of crisis and in the face of unique mental health challenges.
- Explain the critical nature of building meaningful relationships with athletes and their families and identify practical ways to do so.
- Learn the role sports ministry plays for athletes and their families in times of crisis.
- Understand the many forms crisis can take and identify common reactions to trauma.
- Know practical ways you can respond to someone in a time of crisis.
- Understand the type of support and resources sports ministers need in order to effectively care for others.
- Describe the mental health challenges faced by today’s athlete and how you can care for the mental health of the athletes you serve.
- Explain the role of social media in sports ministry and how you can use social media to further your ministry’s purposes.