Subscribe to gain premium access!
The only thing better than a good story is a good sequel. The book of Acts is the intended sequel to the gospel of Luke, showing how the new community of faith applied Christ’s teachings to life and how they proclaimed His message throughout the world. In this course, learners complete an exegetical study of the Book of Acts by focusing on the biblical theology of the book, the historical background of events, and the theological emphasis of the speeches. The goal of the course is to enable learners to articulate the message of Acts in ways that are both textually accurate and contemporarily relevant, and to apply that message to life.
Legacy CollectionThis course is part of a collection of courses taught by world-class evangelical professors from across the globe on a variety of topics. The lessons are presented on an intermediate to college or seminary level and provide a wealth of information for those who want to dig deeper into their faith. Select courses in the collection are from the Institute of Theological Studies (ITS), which was acquired by Our Daily Bread University.
- Exegete a piece of narrative material and isolate the key theological themes it teaches.
- Trace the argument of Acts through its units.
- Determine with appropriate support elements the background of a narrative account that contributes to the setting and argument of a text.
- Be prepared to communicate the message of a passage that is accurate with regard to the text and relevant to a contemporary audience.
- University of Tübingen, postgraduate work on the book of Luke
- University of Aberdeen, Scotland, PhD
- Dallas Theological Seminary, ThM
- University of Texas, BA
The lectures were thorough and covered well the book of acts. I did enjoy the course.Karin