Subscribe to gain premium access!
At the heart of Luke’s gospel are questions about God’s plan, His Messiah, and the emerging new community of Gentile Christians. In this course, Dr. Bock highlights these and other significant theological themes found in the Gospel of Luke. Learners complete a textual examination of the gospel of Luke and its message by working through the argument of Like at one chapter per lecture. Dr. Brock’s purpose is to show “how Jesus’ life, teaching, death, and resurrection actually reflect divine events fulfilled among us” (Luke 1:1). The course enables students to prepare this narrative material for teaching in ministry, and to apply the message of Luke to life.
Legacy CollectionThis course is part of a collection of courses taught by world-class evangelical professors from across the globe on a variety of topics. The lessons are presented on an intermediate to college or seminary level and provide a wealth of information for those who want to dig deeper into their faith. Select courses in the collection are from the Institute of Theological Studies (ITS), which was acquired by Our Daily Bread University.
- Trace the argument of the gospel through its narrative units.
- Interpret any specific narrative material found in Luke and isolate the key theological themes it teaches.
- Communicate the message of a passage that is accurate to the text and relevant to a contemporary audience.
- Identify ways of applying the lessons of the gospel of Luke to your life and ministry.
- University of Tübingen, postgraduate work on the book of Luke
- University of Aberdeen, Scotland, PhD
- Dallas Theological Seminary, ThM
- University of Texas, BA
Love this course and hope for more of these Gospel and Life of Christ coursesDonald
This was one of the best courses I have taken so far!Russell
This is about the best course I have taking so far. Really enjoyable. I will be reviewing the course again. Yes, it’s like 22 hours of lecture. But it is that good. Thank you for offering it.Pamela