Subscribe to gain premium access!
How does one place absolute trust in God in the midst of uncertainty? The book of Habakkuk details the doubts and questions raised by Habakkuk, a man of God searching for answers. Set during a time of Israelite rebellion, Habakkuk was perplexed by the events that surrounded him. In this course, Longenecker takes students through God’s responses as listeners learn about the seriousness of sin and God’s sovereignty in history. The book of Habakkuk shows that believers can place ultimate faith in God even when they don’t fully understand the circumstances of their lives.
Legacy CollectionThis course is part of a collection of courses taught by world-class evangelical professors from across the globe on a variety of topics. The lessons are presented on an intermediate to college or seminary level and provide a wealth of information for those who want to dig deeper into their faith. Select courses in the collection are from the Institute of Theological Studies (ITS), which was acquired by Our Daily Bread University.
- Grasp the message of the book of Habakkuk.
- Be convicted of the seriousness of sin and its offense against God.
- Embrace the role doubt can play in one’s spiritual development.
- Recognize God’s love and faithfulness in dark times.
- Understand the book’s relevance for today.
- Apply the book’s message to life and ministry.
- Western Baptist Seminary, DD
- Southern Baptist Theological Seminary, ThM
The book of Habakkkuk has never been explained to me before. It is a book of intrigue.Jon
Thank you for providing a great course!Staci