Subscribe to gain premium access!
Few nations have experienced such blessing as has Israel, and few have experienced such failure. This course follows the journey of the people of Israel in Joshua, Judges, and Ruth as they cross the Jordan River, overtake and divide the land of Palestine, and fall into a repeated cycle of sin and repentance. Significant events will be analyzed in their historical and cultural contexts such as the fall of Jericho, the day the sun stood still, and the defeat at Ai. Learners will explore the ministries of judges including Gideon, Jephthah, and Samson, as well as the life and lessons of Ruth. Throughout the course, Davis places emphasis on theological and practical truths gleaned from these books.
Legacy CollectionThis course is part of a collection of courses taught by world-class evangelical professors from across the globe on a variety of topics. The lessons are presented on an intermediate to college or seminary level and provide a wealth of information for those who want to dig deeper into their faith. Select courses in the collection are from the Institute of Theological Studies (ITS), which was acquired by Our Daily Bread University.
- Have a basic understanding of the events surrounding Israel’s conquest and settlement of Canaan during the days of Joshua and the judges.
- Have a basic working knowledge of the contents of Joshua, Judges and Ruth with respect to theological themes, historical developments, personality profiles and archaeological problems.
- Arrive at fresh insights with regard to practical Christian living as illustrated by the lives of godly saints who lived during that era.
- Postgraduate work at the University of Edinburgh, Scotland and the Near East School of Archaeology in Jerusalem
- Trinity College, DD
- Grace Theological Seminary, MDiv, ThM, and ThD
- Trinity College, BA
The content was interesting but the delivery was monotonous and dry. Also, it would have been nice if my place in the audio file could be saved instead of having to start over or finish a lecture in one sitting.Emily