Subscribe to gain premium access!
Few Old Testament books are as theologically rich and literarily compelling as Isaiah. Learners discover those dynamics as they complete an exegetical study of the Book of Isaiah. In addition to surveying the contents of the book, the course develops the understanding and skills of exegetical exposition. In the process, students examine key chapters in Isaiah, such as the Promise of Immanuel (7), the Message of Hope (40), and the “Suffering Servant” (53). The course demonstrates how the theology of the Messiah is integral to successful Christian life and ministry.
Legacy CollectionThis course is part of a collection of courses taught by world-class evangelical professors from across the globe on a variety of topics. The lessons are presented on an intermediate to college or seminary level and provide a wealth of information for those who want to dig deeper into their faith. Select courses in the collection are from the Institute of Theological Studies (ITS), which was acquired by Our Daily Bread University.
- Gain a better understanding of the Book of Isaiah, becoming familiar with the theological motifs, the hermeneutics of prophetic literature, and the major theories about the book.
- Come to a better understanding of the method of doing exegesis in the Old Testament prophetic literature, observing how the approach is used in passage after passage through the lectures and the reading, seeing how the details of exegesis must be carefully selected and arranged for interpretation, and in the process learning what books and procedures will be most helpful in the future.
- Learn how to adapt the findings of exegesis to exposition, and how to identify and apply the biblical theology of a passage, to word the ideas in an expository form, to correlate the subject matter with the New Testament, and to make useful applications.
- John’s College of the University of Cambridge, PhD
- Dallas Theological Seminary, ThM and ThD
- Bob Jones University, BA
One of the best courses I have taken so far!Russell
It’s a masterpiece and I think I have been blessed by this program. May the lord richly bless you.Stephen
I enjoyed the lectures and the presentation. At times Dr. Ross would address the process of interpretation, which I thought was very helpful. The material provided, the printed study on Isaiah is priceless. Thank you for this offering.Pamela
It was very organised and well done. The lesson was narrated with much details and right level. Enjoyed listening to the lessons.Anil