Subscribe to gain premium access!
From the elite-level celebrity athlete to the high school baseball player to the fan who watches every game, the culture and world of sports is vast. It cannot be denied that the influence of sport is far-reaching, and with that comes a tremendous opportunity to impact the kingdom of God. In this course, you’ll learn what sports ministry is (and is not) and identify key areas for impact. You’ll also explore how to consider the wide range of cultures, backgrounds, beliefs, and knowledge present in sport so you can more effectively minister to those you serve.
- Define sports ministry in a practical way and identify opportunities for impact and principles for success.
- Develop an understanding of the great kingdom opportunities that lie within the realm of sports ministry.
- Identify practical ways to develop a servant’s heart in the context of sports ministry.
- Explain what it means to be a “guest in the clubhouse” and how you should conduct yourself in light of this concept.
- Understand the complexity of the diverse populations you may serve as a sports minister and how to more effectively engage with them.
- Communicate your message more effectively by considering the unique needs of your audience depending on the level and ways in which they are engaged in sport.