Subscribe to gain premium access!
There are many denominations, divisions and theological disputes in the modern church. But despite these types of disunity, there is a common core of belief that all faithful Christians have affirmed throughout history. And for almost two millennia, this core of belief has been summarized in the Apostles’ Creed. This course explains the history and use of the Apostles’ Creed, as well as the details and significance of each of its articles of faith.
This course is provided by Third Millennium Ministries (thirdmill.org)
- Become convinced of the value of the Apostles’ Creed and its significance for the modern church.
- Understand the important factors of the history of the Apostles’ Creed and the meaning of each of the doctrines expressed in the Apostles’ Creed.
- See the practical importance of the Apostles’ Creed and apply its teachings to make changes in his/her own heart and life.
- Harvard University, ThD
- Union Theological Seminary, MDiv
- Roanoke College with advanced studies at Westminster Theological Seminary, BA
Great course! Blessings to you and your organization.Stephen
I thought this course was a good way to learn the principles of the apostle’s creed and understanding more about the trinity and application of doctrine.John
Praise the lord. This course gives complete understanding of Christ , salvation and the church.William
Good overview of theology.Donald
This course overall was too much material to cover in just six lessons. There should have been 10 or more lessons. I found the quizzes to be rather challenging and difficult. The quiz questions should have been worded to a clearer way. I learned a lot which I am glad I took the course . But if were to tell others about it I would tell them to take their time in the reading portion. I’m finding listening helps me more in this course while I take notes. My goal is to take all the courses and this one is one of the hardest I’ve taken. …. but glad I did.Evon
Good study. Very informative.Kim
This is all new territory for me. I was aware of the existence of the Apostles Creed, but my church denomination tradition does not recite from it (although our beliefs line up with this Creed.). Our church as its own Statement of Faith, which I’m sure is derived from the Apostles and Nicene Creeds. I would like to memorize this Creed. Thank you for offering this course.Pamela