Subscribe to gain premium access!
As the cities go, the world goes – politically, intellectually, economically, socially, and religiously. This course addresses Christian mission and ministry in the world’s growing cities. A biblical basis for urban ministry is presented and case studies of effective urban strategies worldwide are examined. The course provides key logistics, strategies, models, and insights from one of today’s leading experts in urban missiology. Throughout the lessons the instructor emphasizes holistic ministry, i.e., meeting all needs: social, civil, and political, as well as the spiritual.
Legacy CollectionThis course is part of a collection of courses taught by world-class evangelical professors from across the globe on a variety of topics. The lessons are presented on an intermediate to college or seminary level and provide a wealth of information for those who want to dig deeper into their faith. Select courses in the collection are from the Institute of Theological Studies (ITS), which was acquired by Our Daily Bread University.
- Articulate the biblical and theological framework for urban ministry.
- Evaluate contemporary urban ministries in light of biblical principles.
- Recognize various models of effective urban church planting/ministry.
- Synthesize course content into a workable urban ministry paradigm.
- Assess one’s giftedness and calling in light of God’s call to evangelize and minister to urban populations.
- Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary, ThD
- Calvin Theological Seminary, BD and ThM
- Calvin College, BA
My overall comment of the course is that the course fulfills the objective to prepare believers for urban missions and ministry. Many methods and strategies were imparted that I will believe will impact the nations for Christ.Carrie
Full of new discoveries.Douglas