Subscribe to gain premium access!
The nature and practices of Islam draw worldwide intrigue. What do Muslims believe? Why do they defend their beliefs as they do? How do we present the gospel to them? This course examines Islam from both a Christian and a Muslim perspective, covering the history and validity of the Koran, Muslim theology, the role of women, and the places of Christ, the Bible, and the Trinity within Islam. The goal of the course is to understand the Muslim mindset, and to learn how to share Christ from within that mindset.
Legacy CollectionThis course is part of a collection of courses taught by world-class evangelical professors from across the globe on a variety of topics. The lessons are presented on an intermediate to college or seminary level and provide a wealth of information for those who want to dig deeper into their faith. Select courses in the collection are from the Institute of Theological Studies (ITS), which was acquired by Our Daily Bread University.
- Prayerfully consider his or her responsibilities to the unreached Muslims both in the West and in the Muslim world.
- Take steps toward understanding Islam from within, as Muslims understand themselves, and from without, as Christians understand Muslims.
- Begin to learn how to share Christ with Muslims through both theory and practice.
- Become better equipped for a life of faithfully ministering to Muslims and/or better prepared as pastors and teachers for effectively supporting missions to Muslims.
- Become familiar with some of the literature dealing with Islam and Christian-Muslim relations.
- Have ignited within him or her an attitude of research into Islam and how to communicate the Savior with Muslims.
- Become acquainted with opportunities for witness to Muslims at home and overseas.
I thoroughly enjoyed this course. It was a joy to listen to. I absolutely love learning new things. And believe me, nearly all was new. I had never studied Islam before. So thank you for that. Of course, this course is not just offered so that we can acquire knowledge. It’s meant to equip the saints. This introduction is a drop in the bucket to ministering to Muslims but it provides such wonderful insights. I love the teaching style of the lecturer as well. Thank you.Pamela
Very very informative and spiritually motivating. May God help you to launch as many as course like this.Kannan
The course notes would have been great to have and a great help. The teacher was well informed about the topic.James