Subscribe to gain premium access!
Christ’s final charge was the Great Commission: to “make disciples of all nations.” We fulfill that charge when we take the Gospel to the nations and to our own nation through our own local church. In this course, Dr. Green instructs us on how to do evangelism within a local church setting. Building on the biblical mandate for evangelism, he discusses personal and group methods for evangelism in a variety of settings, how to equip laity to witness, the use of apologetics, follow-up methods, and current issues in evangelism. Throughout the course, Dr. Green focuses on practical application and workable solutions for evangelism in local church and parachurch ministries.
Legacy CollectionThis course is part of a collection of courses taught by world-class evangelical professors from across the globe on a variety of topics. The lessons are presented on an intermediate to college or seminary level and provide a wealth of information for those who want to dig deeper into their faith. Select courses in the collection are from the Institute of Theological Studies (ITS), which was acquired by Our Daily Bread University.
- Know the essential content of the gospel message, at least one method for communicating this message, and criteria for evaluating presentations of the gospel with respect to accuracy and effectiveness.
- Explain the function of apologetics in evangelistic work.
- List important issues that contemporary apologetics can address, and know resources that can be used for this.
- Describe how an effective evangelistic program could be integrated into the total program of a local church structurally and systemically.
- List the essential content of a follow-up program and be familiar with at least two methods for communicating it.
- Describe how to synthesize relevant biblical and secular source material into an effective evangelistic sermon or message and analyze a sermon or message to determine how to conclude it with an evangelistic appeal.
- Define discipleship and describe resources available to the local church for discipling.
- Identify and discuss some of the current issues and heresies in evangelism such as eternal damnation (hell), lordship salvation, friendship or initiative methods, the use of figurative language in gospel presentations, liberation theology, ministries to special groups, the role of social involvement and urban ministry in evangelism and witness ministry, and so forth.
I would love to have this course been taught to the evangelism department at my local church, we have just reorganize that department and focusing on reaching the loss, this is a very good course for the member of that department to get more in-depth on true evangelism, starting in the local churchGerald, United States (US)
An excellent course!Russell, United States (US)