Subscribe to gain premium access!
He has been called one of the most brilliant men ever born on American soil. In this course, learners will examine the theological insights of Jonathan Edwards. Taking a topical approach, the course covers Edwards’ teachings on all the major points of systematic theology, giving particular emphasis to his unique theological contributions. Topics such as the place of reason, the decrees of God, the nature of justification, and the extent of sanctification are presented and analyzed with the goal that students apply new insights to their own lives and ministry.
Legacy CollectionThis course is part of a collection of courses taught by world-class evangelical professors from across the globe on a variety of topics. The lessons are presented on an intermediate to college or seminary level and provide a wealth of information for those who want to dig deeper into their faith. Select courses in the collection are from the Institute of Theological Studies (ITS), which was acquired by Our Daily Bread University.
- Understand the life and ministry of Jonathan Edwards.
- Gain insight into the primary debates among historians over the teachings of Edwards.
- Explore the details of Edwards’ teaching on the major points of systematic theology.
- Appreciate Edwards’ unique contribution to the Church.
- Embrace the beauty and glory of the God whom Edwards loved.
- Postgraduate work at Temple University, Oxford University, and at universities in Barcelona, Spain and Zurich, Switzerland
- Westminster College, LHD
- Tarkio College, DD
- Harvard University, PhD
- Westminster Theological Seminary, MDiv and ThM
- Westminster College, BA
Great course. Very interesting.Roberto
I belong to the Facebook Group Reformed Church History, where I have recently linked your site and highly recommended others take advantage of the great things you offer here. I have enjoyed listening to the teachings of John Gerstner before and this course was such a great find that I had to take it!Robert