Subscribe to gain premium access!
Organizational communication is a powerful tool for either construction or destruction. In this course, learners discover biblical principles of interpersonal communication and conflict management in human relationships. The course gives attention to communication models, self-concept, nonverbal messages, stress, and strategies that assist Christian leaders in developing interpersonal communication skills. In addition, the course focuses on the nature of conflict, how to identify common styles of conflict management, and how to manage conflict acceptably and productively.
Legacy CollectionThis course is part of a collection of courses taught by world-class evangelical professors from across the globe on a variety of topics. The lessons are presented on an intermediate to college or seminary level and provide a wealth of information for those who want to dig deeper into their faith. Select courses in the collection are from the Institute of Theological Studies (ITS), which was acquired by Our Daily Bread University.
- Understand the nature of communication and how it works in both interpersonal and organizational context.
- Have improved listening skills with respect to both superiors and subordinates.
- Be able to describe and explain self-concept and how it relates to various aspects of the communication process.
- Be able to implement effective communication in such leadership functions as recruitment, training and supervision.
- Have a clearer understanding of the nature of conflict.
- Have a better understanding of the biblical teaching on conflict and its management.
- Be able to identify common styles individuals employ in managing conflict.
- Be able to recognize and utilize acceptable conflict management strategies.
- Mercy College, LittD
- University of Missouri, PhD
- Concordia Seminary, STM
- Fuller Theological Seminary, MA
- Grace Theological Seminary, MDiv
- Taylor University, BA
- Bowling Green State University, MA and PhD
- Dallas Theological Seminary, ThM
- Cedarville College, BA
I found it super helpful, interesting, and I know it has helped me learn more about interpersonal communication and conflict management. I learned and enjoyed every single step!Griselda
The extra book reading is important to this course. I highly recommend the 2 books that were required as part of this learning.James
A well developed course, presented with secular models and biblical examples. I am intrigued and inspired by the biblical examples given.
A course that cannot be rushed.
It would be great if after each lesson a reflective question is added like that of “SoulCare.”
Amazing concepts! This will help me in everyday life.Amanda
An excellent course!Russell
I probably should have taken notes since this course was all lectures. Although it gave some good points. Has left me with things to think about.Evon
Highly practical. Would recommend.Abner
WOW!!! It is revolutionary, encouraging, challenging, confrontational and yet loaded with a message of HOPE for individuals, groups and Churches. It is easy to understand, practical and insightful. Thank you for this life-changing course.Sebo
Great and was a great ability to know the challenges in Communication some known and one challenge in my life now that I takes heed too understanding my faults and ways to change to do better.Joyce