Subscribe to gain premium access!
Journey with Dr. Craig Blomberg through a study of Jesus’ Beatitudes. Discover how these blessings fit into the larger context of the Sermon on the Mount, what they meant for the people listening to Jesus on the mountain, and what they mean for us today.
This course is provided by Denver Seminary Faculty (denverseminary.edu)
- Identify key features of Matthew’s gospel.
- Summarize the point of and discuss key components and characteristics of Jesus’ Sermon on the Mount.
- Articulate an understanding of the framework for the Beatitudes and describe criteria for categorizing them.
- Explain the meaning of each of the promised blessings and to whom they applied.
- Identify how the Beatitudes echo Old Testament passages.
- Discuss the blessings and woes found in Luke 6 and how they relate to the Beatitudes found in Matthew.
- Draw overall conclusions from the teachings found in the Beatitudes.
- University of Aberdeen in Scotland, PhD
- Trinity Evangelical Divinity School, MA
- Augustana College, BA
It helps me a lot to understand God’s word.Yeongheon
Good course and rather easy to follow if you pay attention.Edward
The beatitudes, the sermon on the mount, are always great to review and study again and again.Evelyn
Very difficult and challenging . Apparently I didn’t know much going in. Just heard them lightly highlighted from pastors who just skimmed over familiar phrases. Eye opening!Hobe
What I cannot believe is how I’ve been reading the Bible for decades and I still managed to get answers wrong on the quiz! The quizzes are what makes this addicting. This was a sobering experience.Kelly
I really enjoyed this course and learned from it. I do like the way Dr. Blomberg explains things, it makes it easy to understand and fun to listen to. Thank you for this course.Sidney
Refreshing and Enriching. Thank you! Would have been great if Dr. Blomberg had expounded more on the four woes in Luke.Margaret
Keep up the fantastic work! 🙂Walter
Also I would disagree with some of the answers in the quiz of the 4th lesson. But otherwise this was an interesting lessonNorine
This was a good overview of the content.Norine