Subscribe to gain premium access!
Nowhere is the essence of Jesus’ teachings more clearly portrayed than in His Sermon on the Mount. In this course, learners complete an expository and reading study of the Sermon as found in Matthew 5-7. Students examine key issues in the Sermon and analyze the various interpretations therein. The lectures concentrate on both theological and practical questions raised in the Sermon, such as “How did Christ fulfill the law?” and “How should Christians relate to their world?” Throughout the course, Dr. Scott encourages learners to apply the Sermon’s principles to life and ministry.
Legacy CollectionThis course is part of a collection of courses taught by world-class evangelical professors from across the globe on a variety of topics. The lessons are presented on an intermediate to college or seminary level and provide a wealth of information for those who want to dig deeper into their faith. Select courses in the collection are from the Institute of Theological Studies (ITS), which was acquired by Our Daily Bread University.
- Appreciate the message of the Sermon on the Mount as God’s Word for our salvation and growth.
- Explain the special theological difficulties raised by the Sermon on the Mount.
- Propose solutions to the theological difficulties raised by the Sermon on the Mount.
- Compare and contrast the ways the Pharisees handled the law with the way Christ fulflled the law.
- Apply key principles from the Sermon to contemporary life and ministry.
- Honor God with your life by being different from the world.
- Multiple honorary doctorates from British, Canadian, and American universities
- Lambeth, DD
- Ridley Hall Theological College at Cambridge, MA equivalent
- Rugby School and Trinity College Cambridge, double first (BA equivalent) in French and Theology
Overall this was an excellent course. However, I felt that the questions on the quiz did not reflect the most significant content of the material.Laura
Great course. Learned a lot. Would recommend it to othersJohn
Well this was a most enjoyable course. First of all, I had the privilege of learning from this wonderful renowned teacher, Dr. Stott. And then to hear, to actually listen to his delivery, pickup up on how much he loved the Lord and His word, and the desire that we do the same really touched my heart. Such a humble man. I want to thank you for offering this course. My prayer is that all ODB University students will take the time to take this particular course. God bless.Pamela
Excellent study. It was very thorough and filled with corroborating scripture and analysis.Kim
A most rewarding course. I would definitely recommend it to others.Russell
Wow, amazing and extremely helpfulTrevor
Fantastic!!!! The teaching on the whole Sermon on the Mountain is needed, to truly Live the Christian life. It brings us to reflection and examining our lives, and to seek Christ truly and the Grace of God, I am now planning how to present and teach this my selfJohn