Subscribe to gain premium access!
From the earliest days of the church, believers have wrestled with the relationship between the old and new covenants. Humanity’s inability to fulfill the Law clearly showed the need for forgiveness, and God’s elaborate sacrificial system demonstrated sin’s consequences. Yet how were Jewish believers to view Jesus? What were the implications of the Messiah being the Great High Priest? In this course, students wrestle with these and other theological questions as they probe Christ’s death and resurrection. Buswell helps learners understand the book’s message while challenging today’s “great cloud of witnesses” to have complete faith in a sovereign and loving God.
- Grasp the message of the letter to the Hebrews.
- Understand the theological implications of the book.
- Articulate the christological and soteriological truths about the incarnation.
- Express the importance of having complete faith and trust in Christ, the Great High Priest.
- Apply the book’s message to life and ministry.
- Recognize God’s amazing love in sending His Son as the perfect atonement.
- Houghton College, LLD (honorary degree)
- Dallas Theological Seminary, DD (honorary degree)
- New York University, PhD
- University of Chicago, MA
- McCormick Theological Seminary, BD
- University of Minnesota, AB
I would like to see this set of lectures actually used in a church Bible Study class. The lecturer gives more explanation than I have heard in the past for this book.Diana
I very much appreciate the passion of the lecturer. I thoroughly enjoyed his delivery as well of course the content of the lecture. The teacher was very engaging and encouraging. This was more than just a theological series on precepts found in Hebrews. I felt like I was learning from a passionate person with the heart of a true pastor. I am very grateful.Pamela