Subscribe to gain premium access!
This course gives a brief survey of the Old Testament, examining the themes of “Kingdom, Covenants and Canon.” It shows that the Old Testament is not a random amalgam of episodes, genealogies and prophetic tidbits. Instead, it is unified around the central theme of the kingdom of God, which was administered through covenants and applied to life through the Old Testament as a “canon” (guideline) for our lives.
This course is provided by Third Millennium Ministries (thirdmill.org)
- Develop a new interest in studying and teaching from the Old Testament.
- Grasp the unity of the Old Testament, as expressed in the theme of the Kingdom of God, and understand the purpose of God in the history of the Old Testament, as expressed in the covenants.
- Make changes in his/her life as a response to the teachings of this course. It should change the way the student studies the Old Testament and help him/her analyze contemporary expressions of thought.
- Harvard University, ThD
- Union Theological Seminary, MDiv
- Roanoke College with advanced studies at Westminster Theological Seminary, BA
Greatly appreciated these lessons from Dr Pratt. Thank you, ODB.Anggara
A lifetime of valued information given.Donald
Lesson 4 was a little rough for me. I enjoyed this course. I notice that as I am learning this other courses previously taking I am attempting to identify the concepts in the passages I am reading in my quiet time. Looking forward to further studies. Thank you.Pamela
Another very informative course , taught in my favored medium. Thank you once again.Arthur