Subscribe to gain premium access!
With the contemporary interest in spirituality, it is imperative that the church establish a comprehensive theology of Christian spirituality that can inform the life and witness of Christian believers. This course presents such a theology of spirituality: a theology that is biblical, practical, and contemporary, accounting for and enabling spiritual formation and nurture in a post-modern, pluralistic, materialistic society. In addition, the course provides a theological foundation for a life of prayer that will empower and sustain the believer in life and ministry.
Legacy CollectionThis course is part of a collection of courses taught by world-class evangelical professors from across the globe on a variety of topics. The lessons are presented on an intermediate to college or seminary level and provide a wealth of information for those who want to dig deeper into their faith. Select courses in the collection are from the Institute of Theological Studies (ITS), which was acquired by Our Daily Bread University.
- Have a thorough understanding of the biblical and historical foundations of Christian spirituality.
- Appreciate the diversity of theological traditions in Christian spirituality—particularly the Reformed, Wesleyan and Roman Catholic—but in particular understand the stream that has shaped their own experience (that is, their own denominational heritage).
- Understand the theology of spirituality adequately such that he or she is able to develop a practical model of spiritual formation within congregational life.
- Develop a model of spiritual life and discipline that has theological consistency but also practical application to one’s own life and witness.
- Loyola School of Theology, the Ateneo de Manila University, PhD
- Canadian Theological Seminary, MDiv
An excellent course!Russell
Course overall was way beyond my expectations.Dennis