Subscribe to gain premium access!
Welcome to Divine Encounters: Mapping Your Spiritual Life, a course designed to prepare you spiritually and emotionally as you begin your biblical and theological studies. You have a desire to know more about the Bible and to develop your relationship with God. Sometimes forward movement can occur most effectively after a backward look.
- Recognize specific ways in which God has been involved in your life and experiences.
- Identify ways in which God motivates through divine promises.
- Define perfection in the context of spiritual formation.
- Create a life map recounting significant relationships, events, and influences in your life from early childhood to the present.
- Develop a healthy relationship with a mentor who will walk with you in your ongoing spiritual journey.
- Articulate the concept of spiritual formation and state its ultimate goal.
- The Dropsie College, PhD
- Westminster Theological Seminary, MAR
- Bethel University, BA
Although the course had some useful theology, its use of Roman Catholic mysticism is very problematic and thus I cannot recommend the course to other Protestant Christians.Russell
Clear instructions on life mappingKim cheng
This course is very telling. It draws out my inner being. I am content to know I can leave the past and still be on the road to make myself, with the Lord’s help, more Christ like. I learned so much about myself and how to move forward. Awesome lessons!Laurie
This course was not helpful to me at all. I even gave up on the discussion questions. This was absolutely the worst class I have taken so far. I’m sure it is helpful to some but for me, it was a waste of time and so frustrating that I will be honest enough to say that I just clicked through it.Kathleen
Very good exercises that revealed things about myself.Alvin
I really appreciated Dr. Worgul’s candor and clarity in writing. I also appreciate the reading suggestions we were given. Not overwhelming, but very insightful!Chelsea
He makes it real to me. However, different our situation and background are, i can identify.Solus
This course is causing me to take a deeper look at my life in such a way I’ve never done before. It’s helped in showing me the different ways God has worked in my life. It’s helped me to better understand why God allows certain things to happen in our lives. It’s showed me how much more God loves me and knows what is best for each individual.Evon
Useful teaching to become like Christ even though we are sinners such as King David.Aram