In this course, Dr. Angie Ward will lead you through lessons that are aimed at discovering and developing your God-given calling. Dr. Ward will introduce different ways we can define “calling,” how individuals can move through a process of discerning what God is calling them to do with their lives, and how this can be lived out practically and faithfully.
The class was developed in collaboration with Denver Seminary faculty.
- Define ministry, leadership, and calling and recognize how, regardless of your role, God has called you to work for the Kingdom.
- Describe the nature of calling and the different ways it may show up in someone’s life.
- Identify and describe both supernatural and natural ways God communicates calling.
- Describe the three phases of calling, including how they may take shape in your life and actions you can take during each of these phases.
- Understand the importance of accountability in your calling and how the biblical principles of stewardship and community point us toward that.
- Discover what it looks like to live into your calling at various life stages.
- Recognize various challenges you may encounter as you follow God’s call and identify biblical principles for responding to them.
Thank you for all the time and effort you put into this lesson. It was wonderful, clearly developed, and helpful.
So thankful for the calling He placed on your life!
Laurie, United States (US)
The instructor was clear, concise, and presented the material in an easy-to-understand way. I would definitely take more courses with her.
Bethany, United States (US)
No matter what age you are you can make a difference.
Margaret, United States (US)
Loved it, although I believed the teacher soke too fast for me. But I thought she was an excellent teacher.Normand, United States (US)
Very interesting and helpful in finding out about having a calling and how to repsond.Suzanne helen, Australia
Great course. I learned a lot. I hope to use this course either as a sermon series or a Bible study for our young adult small groups. Overall I love the course because the instructions were clear and straight forward and I could complete the course on my schedule.Mattie, United States (US)
This course lecturer was top-notch, and I very much enjoyed her presentation. The things spoken about were what I needed to learn at this time in my life and in my calling. Thank you.Sherri, United States (US)
Unclear presentationAngie, United Kingdom (UK)
I took this course in order to help my staff and others as they question their calling. I believe that most of my personal experience and understanding of my calling was confirmed by the lectures. There were many points that I hadn’t considered that did affect my calling (as I look back on how I arrived in the position that I am serving now).Julianna, South Africa
It’s biblical teaching with real life application.Shinshin, United States (US)
This a course that is really helpful in understanding our calling for God.Tameka, United States (US)
I would say that it would be beneficial to the student IF there were a second course to go along with this topic.Mark, United States (US)
Thanks for giving clarity on discerning God’s callingWilliam raju, India
An excellent course!Russell, India