In this course, Dr. Angie Ward will lead you through lessons that are aimed at discovering and developing your God-given calling. Dr. Ward will introduce different ways we can define “calling,” how individuals can move through a process of discerning what God is calling them to do with their lives, and how this can be lived out practically and faithfully.
This course is provided by Denver Seminary Faculty (denverseminary.edu).
- Define ministry, leadership, and calling and recognize how, regardless of your role, God has called you to work for the Kingdom.
- Describe the nature of calling and the different ways it may show up in someone’s life.
- Identify and describe both supernatural and natural ways God communicates calling.
- Describe the three phases of calling, including how they may take shape in your life and actions you can take during each of these phases.
- Understand the importance of accountability in your calling and how the biblical principles of stewardship and community point us toward that.
- Discover what it looks like to live into your calling at various life stages.
- Recognize various challenges you may encounter as you follow God’s call and identify biblical principles for responding to them.
This course lecturer was top-notch, and I very much enjoyed her presentation. The things spoken about were what I needed to learn at this time in my life and in my calling. Thank you.Sherri
I took this course in order to help my staff and others as they question their calling. I believe that most of my personal experience and understanding of my calling was confirmed by the lectures. There were many points that I hadn’t considered that did affect my calling (as I look back on how I arrived in the position that I am serving now).Julianna
It’s biblical teaching with real life application.Shinshin
This a course that is really helpful in understanding our calling for God.Tameka
I would say that it would be beneficial to the student IF there were a second course to go along with this topic.Mark
Thanks for giving clarity on discerning God’s callingWilliam raju
An excellent course!Russell