This lesson surveys the final phase of Jesus’ ministry, the Judean phase and Passion Week. You will study important teachings that led up to Passion week and then walk through Sunday, Monday and Tuesday of Jesus’ final week in Jerusalem.
When you complete this lesson, you should be able to do the following:
- Explain how Jesus’ controversial teachings in Judea solidified the Jewish leaders’ opposition to Him.
- Describe the events of Sunday through Tuesday of Passion Week.
- Explain how the gospel writers organized their material to focus on their purpose for writing.
- Interact with some of Jesus’ essential teachings and crucial lessons for living as a Christ-follower.
- A FIFTH Goal is a bit different from the rest. It’s difficult to think of this Most Holy Week in the Christian calendar and not set the goal of having our heart open to the love our Master showed to us during this week. So my personal goal for each of us as we go through this lesson is that God’s Holy Spirit will minister to us as we study Jesus’ passion week.
As you proceed through this lesson have the following question in mind.
What kind of misunderstanding about Jesus led to the crowd’s reversal from “Hosanna!” to “Crucify Him!”? What kind of misunderstandings about Jesus do you observe today?