Subscribe to gain premium access!
This course equips those ministering within correctional and community settings to research, plan, and administrate a ministry program that provides learning experiences to help offenders and ex-offenders encounter the person of God, the truths of His Word, the power of His Holy Spirit, and to transform their thinking and behavior while developing basic life skills.
- Determine both a biblically based theology of mission with the incarcerated and a vision and mission with your specific correctional ministry program that serve as personal foundations for theory and praxis.
- Create a ministry program that provides transformation, motivates key stakeholders, and limits problems and liability.
- Apply evidence-based practices to your ministry program development.
- Describe the unique characteristics and diversity issues of offenders and their implications for ministry program development and the creation of learning opportunities.
- Develop volunteer recruiting, orientation, selecting (screening), training, placing, ongoing tech-support, and evaluation strategies.
- Discuss the person and the work of the Holy Spirit in the process of teaching, learning, and spiritual formation.
- Evaluate existing programs, instructional settings, educational materials, and contemporary curriculum models in order to accomplish ministry purposes.
- Claremont Graduate University, doctoral coursework in Criminal Justice
- California State University, San Bernardino, MA
- Pepperdine University, MA
- Talbot Theological Seminary, Biola University, MA
- BS in Criminology
- AA in Police Science
This study was thought provoking, interesting, and resourceful in my attempt to defining what ministry to pursue. Thank you for sharing your wealth of knowledge and experience.Anyawa
It was very challenging, but extremely helpful and informative. I feel that it taught me many things that I can begin to apply right away to my ministry.Rhonda
[What I liked best about the course was] the practical nature of the material. It is immediately useful to my situation.Heinrich
It teaches how to take the theoretical good intentions and made them practical. It is not easy but necessary. The pieces (readings and discussion questions and [optional activities]) fit together as puzzle pieces.Marcia