Subscribe to gain premium access!
How is spirituality formed both in private and in community? This course explores the meaning of biblical Christianity and its relation to faith and practice, giving special attention to spiritual formation through prayer, meditation, and personal disciplines. The lectures form a paradigm of spiritual growth and maturity that will affect both the individual and the church.
Legacy CollectionThis course is part of a collection of courses taught by world-class evangelical professors from across the globe on a variety of topics. The lessons are presented on an intermediate to college or seminary level and provide a wealth of information for those who want to dig deeper into their faith. Select courses in the collection are from the Institute of Theological Studies (ITS), which was acquired by Our Daily Bread University.
- Develop a functional definition of spiritual formation.
- Foster a growing desire for knowing and serving God.
- Practice key spiritual disciplines such as discerning prayer, meditation on Scripture, and holy living.
- Place a high value on spiritual growth for yourself and those you teach.
- Loyola School of Theology, the Ateneo de Manila University, PhD
- Canadian Theological Seminary, MDiv
I have really enjoyed this lesson in my learning path. It has taught me a lot and for that I’m thankful. Things that I knew but were incorporating in my own life. I now have a better understanding of prayer, how to ask as well as how to receive. Thank you for your faithfulness.Nyya
An excellent course!Russell
This total program just keeps getting better and better. Keep up the good work.Dennis
Very good course. I was very blessed by this course and will continue to learn on the subject discussed in the course. Huge blessing!James