Subscribe to gain premium access!
In a self-centered culture, how do we demonstrate a God-centered ethic? This course presents a biblical model for ethics in a postmodern world, examining the ethical theories of obligation and value from a philosophical perspective. The lectures survey various ethical systems, identify unstated assumptions in ethical theories, and evaluate those theories for legitimacy, relevancy, and cogency. The goal of the course is to provide learners with a Christian framework of values and ethics, leading them to make God-honoring decisions in a truth-relative world.
Legacy CollectionThis course is part of a collection of courses taught by world-class evangelical professors from across the globe on a variety of topics. The lessons are presented on an intermediate to college or seminary level and provide a wealth of information for those who want to dig deeper into their faith. Select courses in the collection are from the Institute of Theological Studies (ITS), which was acquired by Our Daily Bread University.
- Understand the concepts and principles of ethical theories and how they cohere with their theoretical assumptions.
- Understand the concepts and principles of Christian ethics and their relationship to biblical revelation and our Weltanschauung.
- Apply the concepts and principles of ethical theories to contemporary problems.
- Evaluate ethical systems by both internal and external criteria.
- Grace Theological Seminary, ThD
- Westminster Theological Seminary, ThM
- Grace Theological Seminary, MDiv
- Baptist Bible College, BTh
An excellent course! (one of the best I have taken to date).Russell
Class really made me rethink some Scripture. Enjoyed it.Diana
Excellent teacher, great content, looking forward to his course on worldviews.Jason
This was really an eye-opener for me in a number of ways. It provided me with answers that I hadn’t thought about before. Also it helped me get deeper insights into certain topics.Henny