Why does God allow trials and tests of our faith?
As the number and severity of trials continue to increase around the world, our encounter with these “tests of faith” can become grievous and challenging. It’s easy to fall prey to complaining, grumbling, and blaming. And then we question: Why are we being tested? If God were good, would He have allowed this? Is God still in control?
Besides Christ, the apostle Paul experienced more trials and “tests of faith” than anyone in the New Testament. Through those trials, Paul rose to unlock many of the biblical secrets of how to think about these tests and how to overcome and obtain victory through them. In this course, The Testing of Your Faith, Bruce Wilkinson shares these biblical secrets of God’s plan for our perfection. Beginning with a foundational passage in James, “Count it all joy when you fall into various trials,” Dr. Wilkinson leads us through Scripture, revealing life applications and power tools to become an Overcomer for Christ!
Throughout his fifty years of global Christian leadership, teaching and training, Dr. Wilkinson is no novice to God’s painful tests. His biblical insights and his own “tests of faith” stories in this course will open your heart to discover how much God loves you. He sends trials, not to hurt you, but to transform you into the fullness of Christ.
Find the truth you’ve been missing and discover God’s plan for your perfection!
The content for this course is provided courtesy of Teach Every Nation (tencourses.org).
- Examine why and how God tests us.
- Identify the parts, structure, and patterns of tests of faith so you can be equipped to endure them well.
- Apply lessons from heroes of the faith, like Abraham, Moses, Job, and more.
- Recognize the warning signs and stages of test failure.
- Discover biblical truths about responding well to tests of faith.
- Use power tools for increasing your faith during a test.
- Remove Triggers of Unbelief from your life.
- Unlock your faith and use it as a catalyst to make a powerful difference in your life.
- Apply strategies to produce abundant fruit for God.
This was an excellent course, I'm going to have to go back over the material. It's really making me think. The materials were awesome. It was a very valuable course. The instructor was very interesting.
Highly inspirational! I learned so much through this series & hope to be an Overcomer!
I love this course, it was amazing and I have learned so much. My heart's desire is to teach and share with so many people friends and family and the unchurched. Thank you to the staff that help put this format together. God bless you all…..
I learned so much during the testing of your faith course. I think it will help me cross the chasm.