When you complete this lesson, you should be able to do the following:
- Explain why resurrection is central to God’s saving work.
- Explain how Paul’s “spiritual body” implies continuity with humanity’s corporeal existence.
- Describe how Christian faith is defined by hope.
- Describe what is meant by the adage, “already but not yet.”
- Explain how Christianity’s hope is in the redemption and not evacuation and destruction of creation.
As you proceed through this lesson have the following question in mind.
Explain in your own words how the Christian concept of resurrection is different from the religious notion of “soul escape.”